Home Repair and Volunteer Beautification Program
The Housing Partnership is a non-profit community development organization that provides funding to low/moderate income households under its Home Repair Program. These funds are available to Lemay, Affton and Mehlville homeowners to pay for needed repairs to their home.
THP provides financing for quality, professional home repairs to low/moderate income homeowners who cannot afford necessary improvements needed to increase the health and safety of their home. Our goal is to help Lemay, Affton and Mehlville residents remain in their homes for as long as possible. These funds are made available through a grant from the St. Louis County Port Authority.
Please note that if you have previously participated in The Housing Partnership/Lemay Housing Partnership Home Repair Program within the past 10 years, you are NOT eligible to participate in this round of funding.
Am I Eligible for the Home Repair Program?
Answer the following questions to help you determine if you are eligible for the Home Repair Program.
If you answer yes to the following questions, you may be eligible:
- Have you owned your home for at least 2 years?
- Is your home located in Lemay, Affton or Mehlville?
- Is your home in need of repairs for such things as code violations or safety hazards? Or, do you have problems with the HVAC, windows, roof, plumbing, or electrical wiring?
- Are your mortgage payments, real estate taxes and Home Owner’s insurance current?
- Is your household income considered low-to-moderate based on the St. Louis Area Median Income? For instance, a two person household with a gross annual income under $40,800 is generally eligible to participate. Depending on the funding source, income guidelines are subject to change and you are encouraged to apply if you are unsure.
Six Easy Steps to Home Repair
- Contact THP at 314-631-9905 to learn about the funds that are available. If you are eligible to utilize the funds, THP will send you an application.
- Complete the application and return it and the required documents to THP
- Attend a one-on-one counseling session and a workshop may be required
- Schedule a home inspection with THP’s Construction Program Manager who will assist you with completing the bidding process with qualified contractors
- Upon approval and signing of contract for repairs, the home repairs begin
- THP and the homeowner perform ongoing inspections of the work, and THP provides funding to the contractor through project completion