The Housing Partnership is following the St. Louis County guidelines regarding COVID-19 and is working remotely. Our monthly Homebuyer Orientation will be hosted online. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register and get the link to the online training sessions. We look forward to working with you!
Homebuyer Services is a program of The Housing Partnership, Inc. (THP) that is designed to prepare homebuyers across the St. Louis region so they can have the knowledge, skills, and connections to become educated and responsible homeowners in long-term affordable housing.
The Homebuyer Services program covers three main areas:
- Education on the homebuying process that is achieved through homebuyer orientations and an online homebuyer education course
- One-on-one counseling sessions to help households achieve their goals
- Down payment & closing cost assistance for eligible homebuyers purchasing in select jurisdictions
Step 1: Education is the beginning of the process towards homeownership. It has three main components: Homebuyer Orientation, completing an intake packet and sending us the necessary documentation, and an online Homebuyer Education Course.
Step 2: Counseling is the next step in the process towards homeownership. Once you complete all the items in Step 1, reach out to schedule a one-on-one counseling session with us, where we’ll work with your household to help you achieve your goals.
Step 3: Down Payment Assistance is the last step in the process towards homeownership. Once you complete all the items in Step 1 and Step 2, let us determine if you are eligible for down payment and closing cost assistance.
The Steps to Homeownership
- Enroll in a FREE Homebuyer Orientation
- Submit intake packet with supporting documentation so we can determine eligibility for down payment/closing cost assistance
- Complete online homebuyer education class. Fee is $115.
- Attend one-on-one counseling sessions
- Work with a mortgage lender to receive loan approval
- Work with a real estate agent to find the right home for you
- Comply with all program requirements, building inspections, and permits
- Attend closing. You are now a homeowner!