The Housing Partnership was incorporated on May 4, 1998, and was founded by the the residents and stakeholders of the Lemay community who were working with St. Louis County government in the aftermath of the Mississippi River flood of 1993. The first Executive Director was hired in the fall of 1998, and the organization received its 501 (c) (3) non-profit classification from the Internal Revenue Service. The Housing Partnership is proud to be designated as a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) and is a HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agency.
The Housing Partnership provides services that benefit both the existing residents of the Lemay community and homebuyers throughout the greater St. Louis region. Our programming includes:
- Homebuyer Services that provides education and one-on-one counseling, access to Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance funding and top quality mortgage loans. The goal is to create more sustainable homeownership opportunities for residents throughout the St Louis Metropolitan Area.
- Residential Development Services, focused on the revitalization of the Lemay community through the development of new and rehabilitated affordable homes. The developments complement and enhance the existing housing stock and provide more modern and efficient housing options for Lemay residents.
- Volunteer Healthy Home Repair and Beautification Services for existing low and moderate income Lemay homeowners. When funds are available, The Housing Partnership works with homeowners to obtain quality, professional home repairs so that homeowners can remain in their home as long as possible.
Our goal is to promote and enhance the quality of life in the community by creating a healthy and economically sustainable living environment for families. We accomplish this by collaborating and partnering with residents, businesses, educational institutions, and local government.
The Housing Partnership is governed by a Board of Directors. The Board has at all times at least one third of its membership comprised by low-income or Lemay residents. The board includes representatives from the business community, local institutions, and several retired professionals. The Housing Partnership is proud to be designated as a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) and a HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agency.
Since 2014 much investment and development has occurred in Lemay. Our redevelopment efforts over the past five years include:
- 70 existing homeowners in Lemay received home repair services
- 15 new homes were constructed and and were sold to low-to-moderate income homebuyers, the majority of which were first time homebuyers
- 2 existing homes were renovated and sold to low-to-moderate income homebuyers
- 40 new lease-purchase LIHTC funded homes were built and are fully leased to low-income households
- Coordinated 35 volunteer beautification and minor home repair events with community partners
- Homebuyer education has been provided to more than 582 households, individual counseling/advising services were provided to nearly 383 households and down payment and closing cost assistance has been provided to 222 households. These services have been offered in St. Louis, Jefferson and St. Charles counties and St. Louis City.