Step 1: Education
The Housing Partnership is following the St. Louis County guidelines regarding COVID-19 and is working remotely. We will be checking the office voicemail daily during the work week.
Our monthly Homebuyer Orientation will be hosted online. Please email email@example.com to register and get the link to the online training sessions. We look forward to working with you!
Homebuyer Services is a program of The Housing Partnership, Inc. (THP) that is designed to prepare homebuyers across the St. Louis region so they can have the knowledge, skills, and connections to become educated and responsible homeowners in long-term affordable housing.
The Homebuyer Services program covers three main areas:
- Education on the homebuying process that is achieved through homebuyer orientations and an online homebuyer education course
- One-on-one counseling sessions to help households achieve their goals
- Down payment & closing cost assistance for eligible homebuyers purchasing in select jurisdictions
Step 1: Education
Education is the beginning of the process towards homeownership. It has three main components: Homebuyer Orientation, completing an intake packet and sending us the necessary documentation, and an online Homebuyer Education Course.
The Steps to Homeownership
- Enroll in a FREE Homebuyer Orientation
- Submit intake packet with supporting documentation so we can determine eligibility for down payment/closing cost assistance
- Complete online homebuyer education class. Fee is $115.
- Attend FREE one-on-one counseling sessions
- Work with a mortgage lender to receive loan approval
- Work with a real estate agent to find the right home for you
- Comply with all program requirements, building inspections, and permits
- Attend closing. You are now a homeowner!
All participants must attend a FREE orientation to understand what it takes to purchase a home. Topics discussed include an overview on THP, down payment & closing cost assistance that we facilitate, and the homebuying process.
Orientations are held on the second Tuesday of every month. The Housing Partnership is following the St. Louis County guidelines regarding COVID-19 and is working remotely and hosting orientation sessions online. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register and get the link to the online training sessions. We look forward to working with you!
The Housing Partnership, Inc.
336 E. Ripa Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63125
We are located in the Maria Center on the School Sisters of Notre Dame campus.
Call (314) 631-9905 or email us at info@TheHousingPartnershipSTL.org to reserve your seat at the next orientation!
For the orientation schedule click HERE.
While you are working on attending the Homebuyer Orientation and completing the Homebuyer Education Course, fill out an intake packet and send us the necessary documentation. Doing this will help us make a smoother transition into Step 2: Counseling, and it can also help us determine if you’re eligible for Step 3: Down Payment Assistance.
Homebuyer Education Course
Once you attend the Homebuyer Orientation, you may now complete the Homebuyer Education Course. This is an online course that gives you an in-depth look at what it takes to purchase a home and successfully maintain the investment into your home. You can progress through the course in multiple sessions without having to complete it all in one sitting. The fee for the course is $115.
Each section ends in a quiz that you must complete before moving on to the next section. You can review previous sections at any time to enhance your learning. Topics include:
- Managing your money
- Understanding credit
- Obtaining a mortgage loan
- Homeowners insurance
- Shopping for a home
- Protecting your investment